stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.
  • Index
  •  » Error Reports
  •  » Cant download and wont play... been buffering for over an hour?????

#1 2009-04-11 15:20:26

babelfreak

Cant download and wont play... been buffering for over an hour?????

Been trying to download several times. It goes for about 10mb or so then stops and says completed. So I thought I would just let it play and it would show up in my divx file. A minute or so into it ..it stops and has been buffering for over an hour and hasn't budged.

http://stagevu.com/video/agswssgjxjse

How long are we going to keep going through this. When are you going to make changes to fix all this. Cant upload cant download... cant do anything!! I can imagine how many people have these same problems that don't even bother to come to the forum.

#2 2009-04-11 16:07:53

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cant download and wont play... been buffering for over an hour?????

We apologize with the issues you may be having with certain servers right now, including n28, on which the cited video is located. We are currently consolidating our servers and transferring videos between them so that we can increase speeds without spending more than what we can afford. This takes a considerable amount of bandwidth and may cause the quality of service to be bad for a while. We expect this to be done in two hours or so.

#3 2011-02-17 17:29:48

hartlyn1

StageVU isn't just slow...it's non-functional.  All downloads stop at one hour (incomplete) and remain there.
StageVU does not work as billed.  Also, your "contact" and help "user forums" could be upgraded to at least industry standard.  They're pretty opaque.
M-

#4 2011-02-17 17:38:21

deseed

I cut and pasted this from another thread where I posted it previously:

You can set DIVX to automatically download the movie to your My Documents video folder for later viewing. You just have to let the movie fully load till the end for it to complete the process. Just find the movie and then press play and let it load then press pause. It should load on its own after you press pause.

Here is how you do it:
Right click the video window and in the right click menu  find  preferences at the bottom and click it. Then find Auto-save all video downloads and tick it. Then you should have downloaded your movies in your My Documents video folder.

I hope that helps.

“Community cannot for long feed on itself; it can only flourish with the coming of others from beyond, their unknown and undiscovered brothers.”Howard Thurman
“The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.”Adlai E. Stevenson

#5 2011-02-17 20:13:59

hartlyn1

Deseed,
I'm still waiting for a response that addresses my question:  Why do downloads stop at 5 minutes and reverse (incomplete) UPWARD  toward 1 and 2 hours...remaining unavailable as a result?

#6 2011-02-17 20:54:40

esCo456

hartlyn1 wrote:

Deseed,
I'm still waiting for a response that addresses my question:  Why do downloads stop at 5 minutes and reverse (incomplete) UPWARD  toward 1 and 2 hours...remaining unavailable as a result?

There's been all sorts of problems lately but I haven't had any problems with downloads or viewing during this time. Are u in the US? Others have reported problems with downloads/site access and they've seemed to all be in Europe.

Also, did you switch back to the older version of Divx Web Player? Version 1.5? Seems like that's worked for just about everything. Downloads and buffering are two different things... If you're having buffering problems then good chance switching back to older player will work... Other than that there's been very few problems with downloads with the exception of some members in Europe that are claiming the site and/or downloads are being blocked by ISPs...

Last edited by esCo456 (2011-02-17 21:16:36)

"Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see"... - Assata Shakur

• Index
  •  » Error Reports
  •  » Cant download and wont play... been buffering for over an hour?????

Board footer