stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2010-09-12 21:57:33

viduraabeysinghe

ungrateful assho**s

ok i am no big time uploader, just one of the small guys in a big community but i still dont think i deserve this:

"fuck u asshole!!!!!
next upload a proper video file....."

and that's after i told them not to watch it cause it was not working and i had already notified the admins of it

I'm not going to name the guy here, because its not just him. i have seen it in many places where when an uploader makes a mistake little sh*ts like this guy flame on them. this is just totally wrong, i agree there are some ppl like those video spammers who deserve this but not the legitimate guys. at least check their profiles to see what kind of uploader they are before just going on a rant. also you could just help out by telling the uploader that the vids is problematic. ahh... ppl these days.

any thoughts?

http://b.imagehost.org/0598/mrlogo1b.png

#2 2010-09-13 09:51:24

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Re: ungrateful assho**s

human nature my friend, some folk are just a-holes....or assaholics is what I like to call them (assaholic - addicted to being an asshole)
the best thing to do is delete their comment, block them from commenting in the future, and try to ignore it, don't respond or they'll start downrating all of your vids.....some people just can't help themselves its sad to say.....and confronting them only leads to more problems.

#3 2010-09-13 10:53:34

wombourne67

People are quick enough to complain...doubt if the same people would take the time to say 'thank you' if the file had been working ok and they'd downloaded it.

#4 2010-09-13 12:06:26

rparks80
Website

Hey vid, I just glanced through some of the comments on your profile and there are a lot of thank yous in there. Concentrate on those and dont let the occasional dick get to you. And by the way, thank you for your ups, ive enjoyed many myself.

If its not a Doberman, its just a dog.

#5 2010-09-13 14:27:50

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Yes Vidura, what rparks said......focus and positive. I too have enjoyed your uploads and want to thank you for all the hard work!

#6 2010-09-13 15:41:21

viduraabeysinghe

yup i guess you guys are right about that, focus on the positive i guess. will ppl ever learn. i guess some will and some will just remains like this one. but its not just me, other uppers get it too and some get the rating problems. i just feel there should be a way to rate ppl, like on pirate bay. the trusted and vip signs.etc. but then maybe that will get abused too. oh and thanks guys. oh rparks nice dobermans, i wish i still had mine.

#7 2010-09-16 18:03:44

Mephisto

viduraabeysinghe wrote:

yup i guess you guys are right about that, focus on the positive i guess. will ppl ever learn. i guess some will and some will just remains like this one. but its not just me, other uppers get it too and some get the rating problems. i just feel there should be a way to rate ppl, like on pirate bay. the trusted and vip signs.etc. but then maybe that will get abused too. oh and thanks guys. oh rparks nice dobermans, i wish i still had mine.

I rarely comment but I appreciate your efforts. Thank-You.

#8 2010-09-20 18:48:55

rab78
Website

I always leave a comment when i watch or download a vid. As an upper myself i know how good it is to be appreciated. It takes me a long time to upload video's with my connection so it's good to know that people actually appreciate the work you put in to it.

#9 2010-09-29 20:29:34

khakain
Website

viduraabeysinghe, I left a negative comment at one of your uploads(The Mist), but is was about the movie itself, not the quality of the upload.  I hope it's okay to discuss how we disliked a particular movie.  I actually wish there was a forum here for discussing particular movies, but I guess they discourage that on the forum. 

BTW, I still gave you five stars for the great quality of the movie.  I never give negative stars, unless someone is being untruthful in there description.

#10 2010-09-29 20:48:46

viduraabeysinghe

khakain wrote:

viduraabeysinghe, I left a negative comment at one of your uploads(The Mist), but is was about the movie itself, not the quality of the upload.  I hope it's okay to discuss how we disliked a particular movie.  I actually wish there was a forum here for discussing particular movies, but I guess they discourage that on the forum. 

BTW, I still gave you five stars for the great quality of the movie.  I never give negative stars, unless someone is being untruthful in there description.

No mate im not talking bout stuff like that, go ahead hate the movie it's totally alright with me (free speech). i was just talking about negative comments to the uploader. yeah i hate some movies too, like horror i just think its pointless, just my opinion.

actually i encourage ppl to talk about/ start discussions about the movie negative or positive, i have only had a few movies where there have been discussions and some i have engaged in too. I think comments/ discussions on vids convince me and many others not to/ to watch a vid, which i think is great.

Last edited by viduraabeysinghe (2010-09-29 21:08:27)

#11 2010-09-29 22:44:36

wombourne67

khakain wrote:

viduraabeysinghe, I left a negative comment at one of your uploads(The Mist), but is was about the movie itself, not the quality of the upload.

I did the same with an upload by nYx64.Always leave a comment for their uploads,usually positive.I did say thanks for the upload but also that I hated the film.I didn't rate it as some people search by ratings and i'd hate to put someone off watching something.But I do like to comment.I've even given one of my uploads a terrible write up but it's had 800 views because people want to see it.

Last edited by wombourne67 (2010-09-29 22:44:54)

#12 2011-03-08 05:05:09

mandybear

Aah like the other uses say some people are just completely ungrateful. It is best to stay strong and ignore the ignorant people that use slander to make themselves feel big. Sadly it's a part of the cultures online too, with so much of people's animosity directed at strangers. *sigh*

Last edited by mandybear (2011-03-11 10:17:40)

#13 2011-03-08 06:14:09

CatsLairArchives
Website

viduraabeysinghe wrote:

Ever notice that the one's who complain the loudest NEVER add or contribute anything themselves - that they take but never give in return?

since neither veehd or stagevu are allowing uploads, I suggest everyone switch over to veoh.com

Board footer