stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2011-01-03 10:29:09

Rosa Bohemia
Website

What about our missing videos

Its nice to see that the admins are back addressing some issues, but I would still like to know what happened to my over 200 missing videos? Are they gone for good? Are they gone for a reason? Should I reupload them?
Also, you stated in another thread that you have fixed certain malfunctioning servers, but you missed a few. N 65 is still returning the 404 error. All of you 60 series servers have been coming in and out of service for the last two months....one day I could play something on n63, the next day I would get the 404 error. Please check them all.
But mostly, please answer our question about the missing videos, I think we uploaders have the right to know.
Thank you and happy new year!

#2 2011-01-03 10:34:49

vigylanty

Re: What about our missing videos

I agree with Rosa, what happened to our missing videos? Also, I still have 5 videos in videocontrols that I uploaded about a month ago that say 'move error'. When I try to edit these videos, I get the message -
This video has been removed or had an error while encoding. You can't edit it any more.
the vids are
http://stagevu.com/videocontrols/csaetvxvipcg
http://stagevu.com/videocontrols/tirnsaiaxkwy
http://stagevu.com/videocontrols/vdtlvcoyhwpy
http://stagevu.com/videocontrols/krwhntaxyctj
http://stagevu.com/videocontrols/bgppvaootnfu
should I assume these vids area also now lost?

I personally don't care for details such as what happened or why, I would just like to know if we can expect our lost videos to come back or if we should plan to re-upload them.
Thank you

#3 2011-01-03 11:26:23

rab78
Website

I asked the admins about the missing videos on Voiceman1's thread last week and got no response. I just uploaded them again. Admittedly, i only had about 8 missing so in your case, it's a bit different.

#4 2011-01-03 11:45:18

voiceman1
Website

I have considered the lost videos gone for good.
I've been going through my channels and replacing whatever I can.
I lost about 300 of my over 1300 uploads and will probably never be
able to replace all of them because not all of them were in channels
(in which the videos still appear, but when accessed get a re-direct to the home page)
and I simply don't have the time to go through and see if I remember which were once there.

Your Loss, StageVu

Honestly, you're lucky I'm still here at all.

#5 2011-01-03 12:02:17

Rosa Bohemia
Website

That's another thing I don't get...if a video is gone, even when removed by admins, why does it still appear in the channel. I use channels like folders, to help me keep my videos organized. How am I supposed to know which of my videos are missing? Go through 1500 links one at a time???? I've not begun the process of looking to see which are gone because I've been waiting for admins to tell us if there is any chance they may come back. At least fix it so that when a vid is removed....or LOST....it disappears from the channel so we have a way of finding out what is gone.
PLEASE admins address this problem

#6 2011-01-03 12:29:52

Takara

I found that to find the missing videos it worked for me to:

Click on Manage Channels and then open the channel (not edit) and if the video was removed it will not show in the list.

Hope this is helpful to others.    It still takes lots of time to go through lots of channels to locate all the missing videos but at least you don't have to test each link to determine whether they are live or not smile

#7 2011-01-04 03:07:47

generic

Like voiceman1, I too, lost about 300 vids give or take, during that period when everything was down and didn't get email notice. I think they are gone for good so I don't put too much thought into it. What's gone is gone, I don't expect to see them re-surface. I just hope it's more smooth sailing from now on, concerning uploading (with no constant Move Error) and downloading (with less bad servers) and able to fully load a webpage without getting blank page. I want to see these issues fix. I consider my lost vids to be lost cause.

#8 2011-01-04 10:29:22

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Well admins posted yesterday and yet they still ignore this thread.....WTF.
all we want is an answer.... are they gone for good? are you working on the problem? can we expect it to happen again?
Last time it happened you told us you were working on a back up system to prevent it from happening again....whatever happened to that?
Come on admins, don't you like us anymore??????

#9 2011-01-04 17:21:32

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Takara wrote:

I found that to find the missing videos it worked for me to:

Click on Manage Channels and then open the channel (not edit) and if the video was removed it will not show in the list.

Hope this is helpful to others.    It still takes lots of time to go through lots of channels to locate all the missing videos but at least you don't have to test each link to determine whether they are live or not smile

Thanks Takara, that's good advice, it seems you are right. It still says, for example, I have 26 videos in a channel, but when I open the channel, I can see that some are missing. Also, in 'edit channel' all the vids are still listed.

Come on admins, this is a major glitch and you guys are not even commenting on it. I frankly don't feel like going through all my channels and replacing missing vids till you guys give us a word on the situation.

#10 2011-01-04 18:06:42

ZoneDaiatlas

Another wave of missing videos has hit StageVu again.  I just had additional 12 videos gone after I re-upload the previous missing videos.  This is getting ridiculous!  FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SERVERS STAGEVU!

#11 2011-01-04 19:14:05

Rosa Bohemia
Website

I just lost probably another 100 vids with no notice as to why.
This has really gotten out of hand.
I've always been a huge supporter and defender of Stage Vu, and I've spent a lot of time uploading here, and I think we deserve an answer as to what is going on with these deletions. You (admins) have come on the forum and addressed other issues but you have not addressed this. I think we (uploaders) have earned the courtesy of a response.

Last edited by Rosa Bohemia (2011-01-04 19:14:24)

#12 2011-01-04 20:08:03

markc

Same here just lost another 74 videos with no notice had 900 this afternoon now 826  now thats over 200 gone total whats going on

#13 2011-01-04 20:37:59

Rosa Bohemia
Website

I will no longer be uploading until Admins give us uploaders the courtesy of an explanation as to what has happened to hundreds of videos that have disappeared without notice. All we want is an explanation, and some assurance that measures are being taken to prevent this from happening in the future.

#14 2011-01-04 23:37:22

viduraabeysinghe

Rosa Bohemia wrote:

I will no longer be uploading until Admins give us uploaders the courtesy of an explanation as to what has happened to hundreds of videos that have disappeared without notice. All we want is an explanation, and some assurance that measures are being taken to prevent this from happening in the future.

I'm pretty sure its all lost rosie.

http://b.imagehost.org/0598/mrlogo1b.png

#15 2011-01-05 00:26:31

generic

Yep, lost another wave since yesterday.

#16 2011-01-05 10:06:12

Rosa Bohemia
Website

You know, SHIT happens, and if they are lost they are lost. But Admins need to address this issue, not doing so is just a slap in the face.

#17 2011-01-05 11:02:10

eviltv
Website

this site has turned into a joke over the last few weeks. WTF!!

edit: even more have been removed. now they are just taking the piss

Last edited by eviltv (2011-01-06 04:49:52)

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7360/welcomelogo.png

#18 2011-01-08 09:47:12

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Well it has become painfully evident to me that Stagevu doesn't care about us. They have over a million unique users a month, and here on the forum there are less than 11,000 users, only about 50 or so of us post with any frequency, so I guess they did the math and decided that we don't matter.

They used to care, last time vids went missing without notice, they promised us a back up system to prevent that from happening again. Now they wont even address the issue. Uploading is a lost cause, either your uploads fail, or you get move error, which we were also told was fixed. They tell us they confirm copyright infringement complaints before deleting a vid, but we know that's not true as evidenced by at least 4 threads where people who either made the vid, owned the rights, or posted public domain videos have had their vids removed....supposedly for infringement.  Download servers are down all the time, you can upload, but your vid may end up on one of the 60's, in which case, it wont play. I get more comments on my profile pages about vids not playing or that were removed than anything else, and when I check out the vid, I find its not the vid its the server. We can post our complaints till hell freezes over, and admins refuse to answer us. They are here, they have left comments over the past 2 months...,.none of them in regards to these significant topics. I even wrote them privately, and never got the courtesy of a response.

I have been one of Stagevu's biggest supporters. I love this site. I don't download here, I only upload, I do it for fun, I do it to contribute to the community. What a FUCKING shame (oooohhhh, Rosie said FUCKING) that admins don't seem to care about the site as much as I do. As much as so many of the other uploaders do, people who keep this forum going, I don't wanna mention names because if I forget to mention someone they will be insulted, but its been the users who drive this forum, reporting the spammers, answering technical questions to help newbies get better use of the site, helping out each other solve problems so we can upload and view vids....and while admins used to participate in this process...they have stopped contributing. They have gone silent. They barely keep the damn servers working!!!!!
So as much as it pains me, I'm done. I'll leave my vids up for a while so anyone who wants to see them should view them now. But if Admins don't start answering these questions and getting involved in the forum again, I will stop participating here, and in good time will delete my vids and my account. Because if they don't show concern for this site, why should I?
Rosa Bohemia
AKA
nYx64 SCI FI Enterprise
with over 1000 vids (still, despite losing 400 recently without notice or reason) and over a million views over my two profiles)

#19 2011-01-08 10:01:52

ken from Canada
Website

ROSA SWORE!!!!

Ok. No more joking.

I am a minuscule, teeny, tiny uploader. My total number is maybe 20. I can't believe, and you who reads this try to, how much effort it takes to source, (cost involved usually), upload (cost involved - many don't have unimited gb of montly internet use), each and every video.

Fine. StageVu wisely doesn't charge to use this site.

I started to payback by providing some vid's.

Without uploader's - there is no site.

I stopped as of now.

Let's get Rosa's questions addressed. It is only fair.

#20 2011-01-08 10:44:03

sco77y B

I lost videos that weren't even published .

C'mon Admin ! A reply would be nice.

#21 2011-01-13 19:37:36

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Bye Bye admins, Rosie is done, I'm giving out my sources, listing the sites I use to get videos, anyone who wants them can have them. I'm done defending you, I'm done bolstering your site and I'm done with you. All I asked was for the courtesy of a response and you have failed to provide that. I will start posting links to other sites where people can find the videos that I had here that are now missing.....and if you want to delete my accounts for doing that, then go right ahead.
most of my videos came from Megaupload, but MU is not searchable, you need a third party site to do that. These sites might not be as user friendly as SV but I'm sure most of you will figure them out.
http://www.icefilms.info/index
http://www.megauploadbay.com/
http://forums.noor7.us/forum.php
http://re1ease.net/
and you can also get lots of great stuff from Rapidshare, but you need to learn how to unrar the files. Here is a great site for links to Rapid
http://bolt.org/board/index.php   here you will not only find videos but also music, audio books, magazines.... I use Jdownloader to download from Rapid, and it unrar's the vids for you.
This site I'm not sure about but others use it
http://quicksilverscreen.com/
and please follow the links from Icefilms to their partner sites.
And if you want a site with a great community like we have here at stagevu,
http://veehd.com/
lots of good folks there.
BTW...a paid membership at Megaupload is totally worth the money. The downloads are fast, the quality is usually better than SV....and oh, did I say FAST......I can download 12 films from Mega in the time it takes me to download 4 from SV..... using Icefilms for the links and downloading from mega, the only thing I don't get is community and the fun of uploading... I can live without that.

Now frankly, what I just did, I consider that rude and totally inappropriate to post those links on this forum.....and that's what you get admins for being rude and totally inappropriate by flat out refusing to answer our questions and deal with the problems this site is suffering from. Terminate me if you want, I don't care.

#22 2011-01-13 22:26:39

100thMonkey
Website

Thanks very much for the info Rosie........You will be missed by many here on SV.

I am only a "newbie" but I can tell by reading some of the older forum posts here that your opinions and thoughts are respected by many of the SV members, including me.

Take care,

100thMonkey

#23 2011-01-14 18:30:58

rab78
Website

Thank you so much for all these links. They will come in very handy when i have had enough of all the bullshit that goes on here. I know it wasn't easy for you as you have always defended the admins and given them the benefit of the doubt. You have to draw the line somewhere. I totally respect you for standing up to these jokers and i hope that you will drop in from time to time to see what's going on. I'm sad that i didn't get to know you better as you are one of the most frequent posters on the forum, always willing to help others in need.

Farewell and all the best!

#24 2011-01-17 17:46:27

esCo456

Thanks for the links wink I like it here and only need one site and hopefully things will settle down but good to have some backup sites.

"Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see"... - Assata Shakur

#25 2011-01-18 11:05:08

Noodlehorn

You know what, I was going to upload a rare documentary that I got the other day, but I'm not now. I'm going to upload it somewhere else, like VeeHD for instance. I'm a big fan of nYx64 and sco77yB. They've spent a lot of time sharing some of the best stuff on this site. If the site cannot even give them the courtesy of a reply on the forum...then that's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Board footer