stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2011-01-07 01:12:50

HowlingWolfe

Saved You The Trouble, Admins

Due to your random deletion of my videos which you have been doing for two weeks straight, I have saved you the trouble and deleted them all from my channel, all 400+ so now you don't have to bother
me with your silly little e-mails telling me you had to delete them due to "copyright issues" even though two of the more recent ones you deleted were MY OWN VIDEOS....HOMEMADE.

If you read my earlier post here you'd have known that I was deleting my videos anyway and moving elsewhere so you could have just closed my account as far as I care.

I, along with most of the other regular uploaders here have had enpough of your random deletions,
phony copyright removals, out of sync videos, disappearing videos, false bad format file errors, moving errors, etc, etc.

I have moved on to a more reliable site and will be the first to cheer when I hear the news that
this horrible site is completely disbanded.....which won't be long.

#2 2011-01-07 02:43:02

conspirin

Re: Saved You The Trouble, Admins

HowlingWolfe wrote:

I have moved on to a more reliable site and will be the first to cheer when I hear the news that
this horrible site is completely disbanded.....which won't be long.

What site?

#3 2011-01-08 10:47:10

ken from Canada
Website

Hey, what site!!

#4 2011-01-08 18:06:46

Catastrov

veehd.com perhaps?

I don't need sex, the government already fucks me every day.

#5 2011-01-08 18:42:30

ken from Canada
Website

Could be. Am on Veehd also. Good site, not as social as this one - but the servers are usually much faster.

#6 2011-01-11 17:22:08

Cartoon_Palace

I have just joined you HowlingWolfe and have deleted my videos and now have an account on another site as well.

This place lacks professionalism and respect to it's uploaders and they have no clue as to what their doing or how to run this place.

They have deleted most of the videos I uploaded here and the once that were left, most of them wouldn't play due to StageVu's usual and conatant errors.

I have no respect for StageVu nor the assholes who run it.

Keep removing and destroying videos Admins because the more videos the uploaders lose, the more
UPLOADERS  you assholes lose.

And HowlingWolfe, I'll race you to the front of the line as far as being the first to cheer when this site
is only a bad memory!

#7 2011-01-17 06:50:51

wendylill

I'v got rid of mine aswell...if all the top uploaders get rid of their movies aswell maybe we might get a responce from the admins...yes the admins who won't reply to anyone on the forum....If anything the lack of responce from the admins has got to me more than the films lost over the past few months.

Anyway all my films have gone now.

#8 2011-01-17 10:25:35

ken from Canada
Website

Wendylill, Rosabohemia - and that is only this past week. Hell, it's only Monday, let's see the attrition rate this week. Loose these great up-loaders, don't go after Muppet and -00 nothing. I am really puzzled - to what ends are the admin of this site going to benefit when this site consists of really minor up-loaders - ye, I WAS a minor one, but stopped when Rosa had problems.
It is like the admin WANT this site to become a mere ghost of itself.
Well, you guys win.
We are all on Veehd now.

#9 2011-01-17 18:49:09

Rosa Bohemia
Website

Maybe that is Admin's new business plan, piss off the uploaders so we take down our own videos, clear off space on the servers, and the servers will no longer be overloaded, then they don't have to spend money or energy upgrading the system......of course there wont be the selection that currently exists either.....but seems to me the easy way out.

Admins, your silence is deafening...

#10 2011-01-17 19:01:08

ken from Canada
Website

Hey Rosa - you are starting to think like me? lol- paranoid business plans, hum.

Well, sounds as plausible as anything else. Admin says nothing, so we guess.

#11 2011-01-18 16:53:13

burning
Website

same discussion we had months ago, either move stagevu servers to a country that does not hassle you with copyright or the movies will keep getting deleted.
move to a country that has no issues with copyright and your own servers are not safe as well cause who trusts a person who does not stick to the law them selves (or a country for that matter)..

fact remains the movies are not your property thus the owner claims them and has them removed,
(if you see your stolen car in your neighbors garden you will get it back too)
changing your movie names from (example)

Terminator
into
Té®míñatór

is of no use because no one can find the movie anymore unless it is in a channel.
the problem will remain the same. so either you can put up with it or not.

i think the reason no admin answers here is simple, they already gave the answer of a 100 times in topics much like these, THEY GOT NO CHOISE other then to delete the movie or whatever is claimed by its copyright holder, If you fail to remove copyright content you risk legal action and in this case you will always lose.

Last edited by burning (2011-01-18 17:32:31)

#12 2011-01-18 17:17:58

override_x

Hey Burning, smile can you read??
if yes - get your facts straight and read the whole d*mn post starting from the beginning where HowlingWolfe wrote ..."telling me you had to delete them due to "copyright issues" even though two of the more recent ones you deleted were MY OWN VIDEOS....HOMEMADE." go on keep reading and if you are half as smart as you think you are ... well in that case you ought to understand the uploaders feelings!!

AND if you cannot read ... oh well no point in explaining....

#13 2011-01-18 17:38:11

burning
Website

override_x wrote:

Hey Burning, smile can you read??
if yes - get your facts straight and read the whole d*mn post starting from the beginning where HowlingWolfe wrote ..."telling me you had to delete them due to "copyright issues" even though two of the more recent ones you deleted were MY OWN VIDEOS....HOMEMADE." go on keep reading and if you are half as smart as you think you are ... well in that case you ought to understand the uploaders feelings!!

AND if you cannot read ... oh well no point in explaining....

you attitude stinks, no wonder no one replies with a decent answer,
hes vids got removed cause it probably broke a rule either stagevu rules or copyright rules, that he made the movie him self does not mean it is hes, i can make a movie of images of the muppetshow and still get a copyright claim on my ass, i can make a home movie using images of famouse people in that case i also get a copyright claim on my ass, hes description "home movie" is way to shady..

i got lots movies of mine removed i got mad i removed movies and now i uploaded some again, THIS is the Nature of the beast, if you do not like it then do not participate.

you upload something that is not yours you risk getting it removed. and the term "home movies" covers a lot of ground, even if i make a picture of my wife and then put it on stagevu i can get a copyright claim on me ass from my wife for portrait rights.

#14 2011-01-19 09:49:36

ken from Canada
Website

Ok, burning, if you didn't like override's answer, I have this thought:

1) You are 110% correct about copy-write. As to removals of vids - again - you are correct, about commercial vids. I have seen more up-loaders than override say that something they made was deleted. Theirs. Didn't specify if they made a vid of a TV show, in fact, once in the past I seem to remember the posted saying it was a HOME MOVIE, and the assertion -  'i can get a copyright claim on me ass from my wife for portrait rights' - again could happen, bet you it didn't in these circumstances.

2) Following the talk above about legitimate removals - fine, not arguing. BUT - this site stays alive DUE to vids. And, I see some advertising on this site, so MONEY is involved. I don't know about you, but it costs me $ to use the internet, there is my time involved in searching for content and my time involved in up-loading. And yes, I admit I am a VERY, VERY, minor up-loader. So when Stagevu removes vids, they OWE an explanation. And if they have explained 100 times before -  'THIS is the Nature of the beast,', as you said, so Stagevu should say something.

I will say something I have said before, Rosabohemia has said before, and many others who are complaining - WE LIKE THIS SITE. WE ONLY ASK FOR AN EXPLANATION. WHY DOES ADMIN PUT IN SO MUCH EFFORT IN THIS ONE AREA.
I FURTHER ASK -WHY  ALLOW CERTAIN MEMBERS THE FREEDOM TO RUIN THIS SITE WITH THEIR ATTACKS, RANTS, AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS?

Addendum:

I just went to: http://stagevu.com/user/burning, and your profile says:deleted all my videos before stagevu does it, i will no longer beuploading anything..

I am confused. So, you too have this problem, and like others - aren't up-loading any more? Seems like you are on both sides of the same argument????????????????

#15 2011-01-19 14:59:30

level3

Error: No such user exists

#16 2011-01-19 15:10:21

100thMonkey
Website

Ken from Canada has a comma (,) in his link, try it here:

http://stagevu.com/user/burning

Cheers!

#17 2011-01-19 18:00:56

esCo456

I used to run a site like this and it costs a fortune. And believe me, the few adds that no one clicks don't bring in much. In fact, I've always wondered how this site was paid for - anyone that's run a high bandwidth site knows the costs - can you imagine the costs with the traffic here? And this site is public, a single movie can be up a day and have thousands of downloads. That's terrabytes, and for just one video and one day, multiply that by 10,000+, in a month the numbers must be staggering... That's why so few sites allow direct downloads. Maybe there's another way of making money but I don't see how unless I'm missing something and things are different than when I was doing it?

"Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see"... - Assata Shakur

#18 2011-01-23 12:45:10

wombourne67

I won't bother removing my videos,i'll leave that to admin who for some reason have deleted every other episode of a series I uploaded and part one of a film I had to upload in two parts!

#19 2011-01-30 17:53:20

ken from Canada
Website

Ken from Canada wrote 3 hours ago:
BAD FILE FORMAT. BAD FILE FORMAT. BAD FILE FORMAT. I am done uploading! Maybe the servers in Amsterdam are all fckd, or maybe only Stagevu's.

#20 2011-01-31 12:44:06

ken from Canada
Website

For a few days at Veehd, no one could upload. So -I emailed one of the admin at Veehd about the upload problem - I GOT AN ANSWER BACK IN HOURS, AND AN APOLOGY! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 2011-01-31 18:15:54

kyliie2010

over @ veehd thr upload has been down since jan 21 2011 but admin over thr also emailed me back & told me uploaod will be back up in 24hrs with all new system  so i checked form out over thr and yes 24hrs it will be back up  atleast thy keep in touch witrh us over thr and keep up on thr site   and the email i got from thm didnt take to long  about half hour

#22 2011-02-01 03:39:25

esCo456

At this point I don't know what to say. A week ago things weren't half as bad. I think there's not enough bandwidth? Since this site is public these links get posted all over the net and even come up in search engines and can be downloaded by anyone. I think limiting downloads to registered members would cut that down a lot... The amount of time spent uploading ha tripled for everyone because of encoding errors, publishing errors, some servers seem to work better than others etc.... If your dl time isn't great that sucks but it's nothing compared to uploading moviez over and over... I noticed a lot less posting. People are really getting frustrated. The irony is that the people suffering the most are the people uploading who generally are sharing and not using this site to download; so these folks are the quickest to leave... And many have already. Thingz dont seem to be improving. At least at VD they disable uploading when they have problems. Yesterday was my day off so I decided to upload a bunch of stuff. Turned into an all day fiasco. Probably uploaded 40 movies with only 10 making it through to the end without errors... I would have just done it another day if I knew how much trouble it was gonna be. Like I said, obviously there's not enough bandwidth... Links are getting posted everywhere so people across the world are downloading from here without even having to come to the site. I would think making membership a requirement (obviously anyone can register) it would cut down a lot of the bandwidth being wasted on people stumbling across the links here. You can increase bandwidth it'll improve things but this is an exponential problem... It'll only increase and never decrease... So why not just make the change now and I'm fairly certain that would fix most of these problems and make uploads and downloads faster for every member?

"Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see"... - Assata Shakur

#23 2011-02-01 08:48:34

ken from Canada
Website

As usual, a cogent, well thought out posting (see above). Funny, I found Stagevu thru a second party listing several choices for a movie - and THEN - not now - Stagevu was quickest. In other Forum talks a similar idea was floated, only members have access to vids, but since there is advertising on this site, the prevailing thought is that revenue would be lost.
I would be willing to pay what I do for Netflix - $9.95 cdn - what is that in Euro's? - 5-6?.
And keep what advertisers stay - most if not all I would say.
Point is - do something.
Is it a group of 19 yr olds (no offence to our younger members) who. at that age, have a 'so what' attitude towards life, that run this ship?. So what will not replace Rosa, and several others this week. Generic and HarryP, and one or two other major players - loose them too, and this site is toasted.
'So what".

#24 2011-02-03 09:30:16

ken from Canada
Website

Well, congratulations Stagevu - I just heard of another large up-loader leaving, my private count is 3, and no one in sight to replace them. I am a minor guppy compared to them, and, I had someone point out to me that my 4-5 vids (more like 16) mean nothing - LOLOLOLOL - this comming from someone who up loads nothing and bothers everyone.
Point is - I too am done up loading. I will do like 99% of the people who come to this site - I will USE it and CONTRIBUTE nothing. Admin doesn't care, why should I?
My hat goes off to members like Harrypotter, gd bless you young man for still having faith and uploading here, Stagevu can be the greatest site - if admin would do something!!
As a friend of mine from Eastern Canada once said - 'when you pee in the wind - you get wet". Not profound, but apt. I am soaked and tired of it.

Last edited by ken from Canada (2011-02-03 09:31:15)

#25 2011-02-04 16:24:45

ken from Canada
Website

AND AS OF TODAY - ADD kyliie2010 TO THE LIST.

Here is my theory - actually - a friend postulated this (for the dummies like hulk - postulated means theorized): STAGEVU HAS BEEN ABANDONED AND IS RUNNING ON AUTOMATIC.

Why I think this may be true - sign in, well, it can take 2 - 3 attempts. And often lately, the page comes up off - colour, in fragments, and I use two different browsers to back-check.

I mean, no sane group of site owners would ignore major contributers, allow idiots like the aforementioned one to bother good members, contributors, and not censure stalkers (as evidence - go to http://stagevu.com/channel/128526).

You want to debate me over the hulk, muppet, lion, etc, I CAN'T BE BOTHERED ANYMORE. This was the best site on line for many years, it has been taken over by fools, and run by idiots. I really, really like this site, but no one cares, so - why should any of us?

Board footer