stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2011-01-26 20:58:44

Rosa Bohemia
Website

would anyone like to have ownership of my videos

First I want to say I love stagevu, I've enjoyed being an uploader and especially enjoyed this community where I have made many friends. I'm upset with admins because it seems to me they no longer care about the problems being reported here and are letting this site slide down the drain..which is a shame. I have enjoyed being an active member of this forum helping people figure out how to get the best use out of this site, but I've grown tired of responding to the same question over and over again when that question would not need to be asked if admins were doing their job.
Before the great 'disappearance' of December, I had over 1700 vids on two profiles. I still have over 1000. Many of those vids were uploaded by others and 'gifted' to me. In fact, my other profile, http://stagevu.com/user/nYx64-SCIFI%20Enterprise, was gifted to me completely by the legendary uploader nYx64, who still uploads here and on VeeHD un the nYx64 name.
So now I'm offering to do the same, if anyone would like any or all of my vids, I will gift them to you. Just ask. It may take a while to do as I have found other ways to spend my time and don't always really have time for Stagevu anymore. I would love to see someone rebuild the collection I had that has lost episodes now. I will also give you my sources so you can get missing episodes. Just let me know. And be patient if I don't answer right away.

#2 2011-01-26 21:52:00

100thMonkey
Website

Re: would anyone like to have ownership of my videos

Yes, for sure Rosa, I would like to have ownership of your videos!

It would be my pleasure to rebuild the collections by replacing the lost episodes.

100thMonkey

#3 2011-01-27 00:03:35

ken from Canada
Website

Rosa - you cant go wrong with the monkey man!

#4 2011-01-27 02:37:40

esCo456

I can understand your being annoyed. 1700 videos is a lot of work. But I urge people to relax... Just from my experience running a site like this. I see that the admin is not responding to everyone's concerns but at the same time the admin are a mystery. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. You've been a good uploader and have friends here, leaving isn't going to acomplish anything.

I'm just trying to play devils advocate. Just from my experience I can picture the admins discussing this and feeling like members aren't appreciative of the site they built for them. You gotta look at it both ways... Lots of my friends got hit too but they moved on and since them haven't had any problems. As far as missing videos, it's a shame, but we don't know why they were removed. But it happened to a lot of folks around the same time and since then hasn't seemed to happen again. Maybe they needed space or had to switch servers and videos got lost in the process?

Can't we all just get along? lol? - Rodney King (PCP User and Victim of Police Beating)...

"Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see"... - Assata Shakur

#5 2011-01-27 20:27:49

welderr2000cwh

Well rosa,,it was a pleasure meeting you when we did talk,you had helpful advice,And good sense,You will be missed.

#6 2011-01-27 20:40:54

SeattleIsFullOpodPeople

Geeze, its always the people who upload incredible thought provoking and soul stirring films that leave. Why is it never someone who uploaded all the "Home Alone" films, or the "Ernest Goes to ... (wherever; hell as far as I'm concerned)" that leave?

FUCK! I can see it now; me, my films and like 500 people who all posted Dexter episodes.

You'll be missed here Rosa.
Enjoy whatever it is you've found to enjoy.

I'd be happy to take over some of your films as well. If its too much for monkey, or you'd just like to share the wealth.

#7 2011-01-28 22:46:51

welderr2000cwh

It has not happened again esCo456 as most peaple can't get there videos on here without having a 2,3,4 hour upload time,And that is if it works!!!!.I have uploaded to other sites in under an hour,Same file on here takes 2,3,4, hours.
Constant server issues,Videos blasted into the vast reaches of the internet never to be found again!.
I totally understand that the SV admin's have alot to do,I respect that,BUT!,That being said,ALL the issues that are being mentioned have been going on for over two yrs according to the posts on other threads.
I see why uploaders are pissed and are moving to more secure and reliable sites that are rectifing the issues and are in contact with its members.
You spend on average 2-3 hours per video to upload to site,Then right at the end it stalls out,or it just stops,,then you are required to start over.So multiply that by the number of VAST AMOUNTS! of videos going POOF!,And then try to explain to members why they should waist all that time AGAIN! to upload what already they have spent 2-3 hours doing and was already here ,,Sad part is As new members join ,,they find that they are required to spend vast amounts of time to upload 3-4 videos,On what is PERCEIVED as a simple function on other sites.
And when they go looking for answers on how to make this a faster process they are met with what I found.The issue is a ongoing matter,that has not been dealt with,That videos that have been uploaded can be blasted at anytime with no reason or notifications to uploaders.(I am saying this cause that is what peaple get out of reading the posts on the threads.).
I try and  upload once a week,And as soon as I see the progress bar,and timer tell me 2+ hours I don't bother.And I have cross referenced my collection against that of SV and out of 400,SV has only 23.
So like I said,Where is the insentive to attempt uploading,If upload fails on fist attempt,After the forever wait,I should be expected to do it all over again,Cmon!..Ive said enoufe already..

#8 2011-01-29 00:03:46

welderr2000cwh

Piss on it,im outta here to,,Cancelling account today as well.admins don't care ,,,why should I.Firm beleiver in,If you don't like it!,,,don't support it!!!!.Tired of trying.

Board footer