stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2011-03-09 07:19:01

sub-gate

Embedded Videos Disabled?

Since yesterday, ALL of my embedded videos get a "Could not download the video" error.
The videos play fine on the actual stagevu page. Anyone know if this is temporary? I hope...

Regards,
Sub-Gate

#2 2011-03-09 14:03:45

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Embedded Videos Disabled?

Sorry for the above error. This has now been fixed, and we will be more careful the next time we implement a feature with testing.

#3 2011-03-09 14:27:48

liseam
Website

Hello subgate, Welcome to StageVu's forum.  Wow, you received an answer from the Administrators.  Good for you.  I wrote the answer below before I saw the Adm. reply.  However, just in case, I am leaving it for you to read.

I also have had weird things happen recently here at StageVu, i.e. getting the 403 error code on all videos I attempt to watch.  If you are sure you are performing the download correctly, try again at a later time when there is less traffic.  Or if you are not doing so, try using a download manager/accelerator.  I use Light Downloader:

http://download.cnet.com/Light-Download … ag=mncol;1

It is very convenient in that you can download more than one video at a time, schedule a download and resume a download from where it stopped if for some reason it has been interrupted.  Just right click on the download button, select the Light Download and enter the proper name of the video.  (Be sure to leave the extension (,avi or whatever is there) at the end of the title.)

Also, since you indicated the videos will play, for now, you can save them using the "Save Video As" feature.  During playback, once the blue line advances to the end of the video or the video itself has completed playing, right click on the viewing screen and select "Save Video As", name it and click save.  Note:  "Save Video As" is grayed out until the video has completed playing, or the blue line reaches the end, which sometimes happens before the video has completed playing.  The entire video is then in the cache which allows you to save it.

Last edited by liseam (2011-03-09 14:30:54)

#4 2011-03-09 16:13:22

sub-gate

Administrator wrote:

Sorry for the above error. This has now been fixed, and we will be more careful the next time we implement a feature with testing.

Excellent! Thank you for the quick response. I was actually coming back to let you know that it is now working for me again. Imagine my surprise that YOU had fixed the issue and it just didn't "magically" start working again! Thank you! smile

@liseam Thanks for the welcome and the insightful info. wink

#5 2011-03-09 17:30:05

liseam
Website

sub-gate, you are so welcome.  The last reply, which was removed thankfully, was unnecessary and not in the spirit of what StageVu is meant to be to its members.

Board footer