stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2010-12-22 19:09:06

Brandonsdabest14

Run away from here as fast as you can!

You idiots lost more than half of my music videos, almost ALL of
my full concert videos and most that are still there give me
error messages when I try to play them.

Why don't you do us all a favor and shut down this site because you piss-poor
idiots can't get anything right.  The more you try to fix this junk site the more
messed up it becomes. 

I've never seen such incompetence and this place is nothing but a disaster.

People, do yourselves a favor a get out of this dump because you are only
succeedimg in wasting your time here as these jerks who "run" this site have
no idea what they are doing and I agree with the poster who says this site
will soon be gone.

I host a radio program on the internet, short wave and am radio stations five
days a week and two hours long each show.  It is heard in over 96 countries.

I guarantee you that I am going to dedicate an hour of Fridays show  and discuss
in length the failures of Stagevu, the incompetence of the Admins who run and hide
as they ignore the questions the members have and I will go into detail about all of
the different errors this site has.  I will also make my case that I believe the Admins
purposely delete videos while blaming it on errors and also tell my audience how StageVu
deletes a handful of your videos if you post anything they perceive as negative against them.
I have experienced that firsthand here.  In short, I will warn all of my listeners to stay far,
far away from this failed site and the morons who "run" it.

With that I bid you farewell as I will heed the advice I am going to tell my listeners on Friday...Stay as far away from StageVu as you possibly can.

#2 2010-12-22 21:55:07

lordoftheape

Re: Run away from here as fast as you can!

Hell Yeah! where can I listen to your show? Iv been ranting about this fucking site and chiefly the fucking retards that run it for quite a while, even though there are gullible brain dead fucking morons who defend it with paper thin bullshit excuses borrowed straight off the page of some book they have plagiarised from college.  Fuckers.

#3 2010-12-22 21:57:54

Xandorf

How much did you guys pay them to use the site?

Oh yea that's right..... NOTHING!

You get what you pay for myfriends...

You get a service for free don't expect it to be fucking perfect. Now if you payed for it I could understand...

#4 2010-12-23 02:02:31

conspirin

Totally agree with Xandorf

#5 2010-12-23 18:25:43

vigylanty

To say this site is free totally ignores the fact that there would be no site if the uploaders did not provide the videos and their precious time to upload them. To say this site is free implicates that the uploader's time is not valuable.

I have been quick to defend SV in the past, but there is no excuse for this. Servers aren't working, Videos are gone with no notice, and yeah, it may be due to the server problems but we don't know that. I'm not a major uploader here but I think the people who have built this site deserve better from the admins than to be totally ignored. Showing patience and trying to understand the amount of work admins must put into this site is one thing....this had gone beyond that, too many problems, no answers, no input, no acknowledgement that they are working on the problems....nothing, for more than a month.  That goes beyond rude. Admins manage the hardware and software, but you would be nowhere without uploaders. Show some respect.

#6 2010-12-25 06:34:03

TheMetal

troll

#7 2010-12-25 12:57:57

viduraabeysinghe

vigylanty wrote:

To say this site is free totally ignores the fact that there would be no site if the uploaders did not provide the videos and their precious time to upload them. To say this site is free implicates that the uploader's time is not valuable.

I have been quick to defend SV in the past, but there is no excuse for this. Servers aren't working, Videos are gone with no notice, and yeah, it may be due to the server problems but we don't know that. I'm not a major uploader here but I think the people who have built this site deserve better from the admins than to be totally ignored. Showing patience and trying to understand the amount of work admins must put into this site is one thing....this had gone beyond that, too many problems, no answers, no input, no acknowledgement that they are working on the problems....nothing, for more than a month.  That goes beyond rude. Admins manage the hardware and software, but you would be nowhere without uploaders. Show some respect.

Very true, thank you.

This is exactly why I have moved on from this dump.

http://b.imagehost.org/0598/mrlogo1b.png

#8 2010-12-25 15:03:22

Catastrov

vigylanty wrote:

True, uploaders attract visitors. visitors generate advertising income. So again, respect the uploaders.

I don't need sex, the government already fucks me every day.

#9 2010-12-28 18:11:47

Reptilian Overlord

I usually stay off forums of these sites because they're full of whiners and/or sycophants but I can't hold my tongue, so to speak, any longer. Note: this is not directed at those who report downed servers, actual problems and have left ideas for bettering the site. Only to those incessant whiny children who turn every thread into a flaming rant, do nothing for bettering the site or helping other users. 

Now, I can't speak for the staff, but I'll say this: It's funny, you all ask for.. no, you demand respect?  You earn respect and you deserve absolutely none, not with the way you trolls act, flying into a vile curse laden fury screaming for blood over something so inconsequential. I'll never respect a bawling spoiled brat. Get over yourselves. Uploaders come and go; we aren't irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, people appreciate what we do but it's not like any of us upload miracles. Anyone can upload the stuff most of us put up, it's just most are too lazy to do it. That hardly deserving of praise. In fact, you leave, others will just as likely take your place and upload what you took down so as to get those seemingly precious views for their counter. I've seen it. You're just another number on the site's population counter. And plus, as has been noted: IT"S FREE. Yes, Free. You get what you pay for, as they say. Sure we built a community here but so what? Stagevu can shut the site down for 6 months, reopen, and within weeks it'll have all new uploaders to fill niches vacated and stagevu's income from ads will begin again. You're a damn statistic.

Are stagevu issues annoying? Yes but obviously they are working to fix them. I couldn't upload squat for awhile. That's fixed. So yes, they do listen. And I'd love it if the admins would give more feedback too but hell, I rather have too little interaction than too much. Gives us more freedom. Oh and yes, I've lost a few vids too but I'll just reupload, it goes with the territory. You should know that by now. Hell, be lucky you can upload pirated material in the first place and when caught, stagevu just takes it down instead of banning you and ratting you out to the feds or entertainment industry lawyers like some others do. Oh but you can't appreciate that, can you? No, lets be honest here. What most you complainers want is recognition. You want to be acknowledged for your "big contributions" and you want the staff to bend down and kiss your collective rears like they do on other sites, praising you for all you've done. Ha. That's why you upload in the first place, right? You want people to acknowledge you. Sad, really. Oh and before you ask? I upload because I want to share things I enjoy and then it's certain genres not cams or other nonsense. It's not about views, never was. I have a life outside of this "community" so my time has more meaning than to be wasted watching an arbitrary number on a counter go up. Before you hit back with "well, we waste our time uploading and they delete them!"  oh well, you CHOSE to do that, so it's on you. None force you to upload. As I said, it comes with the territory. You upload for views (why else are there tons of copies of the same popular films?) then expect getting hit.

So to you detractors I say to you: if you despise this site so much, no one is holding you here. Leave. Go on, leave the site to the adults. Go to veehd and what not. You'll find out they've had the same issues as well. No place is perfect. I know, I upload to them all. Plus, their interfaces are laggier and leave pixel artifacts all over the vids and guess what? When "The Industry" notifies them they delete your vids there too. Stagevu, for all it's issues, is still pretty damn decent and several of my friends prefer my using it to the others too. When it gets to the point it becomes unbearable, guess what? I'll leave. I'll just drift to the next site and rebuild. I won't come whining and trolling in the forums either. I'll be an adult.  Oh but some just can't, can they? They want someone to either beg them to stay or agree with them, to give them that needed ego stroking.

Now go flame me. Make yourselves feel better. I don't care. I'm not here to kiss ass and make fair-weather friends, I got enough of those already.

viduraabeysinghe wrote:

This is exactly why I have moved on from this dump.

Yet you come back to troll? That's actually kind of sad.

Last edited by Reptilian Overlord (2010-12-28 20:23:45)

#10 2010-12-28 19:22:40

Werewolf

^^^^^+1

#11 2010-12-28 19:38:23

vigylanty

Reptilian overlord, you should at least get your quotes and facts straight. You quote me as saying "this is exactly why I've moved on from this dump" and if you would read my post, you will see that I never said that. I did not go on a rant, use foul language or encourage people to leave this site, I simply pointed out that in my opinion, people put the time into uploading here and for that, admins should give the courtesy of letting us know whats going on.

#12 2010-12-28 20:22:06

Reptilian Overlord

Actually, vigylanty, that is an error on my part. I apologize. I was quoting viduraabeysinghe and while trying to remove what he had quoted you saying from my post (I used the quote function rather than typing the BBC code, lazy me) I didn't remove the correct tag. I'll fix that in edit.

As far as wishing for more admin input? I addressed that and agreed it would be nice but in the end, as long as they can keep the site functioning and fix the problems, I don't see a point at ripping them. Things might have been slow but hell, they got done. As well, my post wasn't fully directed at you so much (at least not intentionally) but was in response to several posts placed on the forums by the same individuals and this particular thread was as good as any to begin in. I honestly bear no ill-will towards any poster here but it gets so tiresome seeing the same rants by the same people making the same threats.

I was raised that if you say you were going to do something, you do it and don't whine about it. To add to it, I see no reason why some would hang around a place they seem to dislike so much except to troll and stir trouble.

#13 2010-12-29 02:45:57

conspirin

Reptilian Overlord: Totally agree with your words: In Veoh.com just cancel my account for a doubling of the videos I have in Stagevu. I guess the videos that missing, is due to a bug in the server than anything else, because in my channels, are listed all the videos but some are not available.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/623/capturacanales.th.jpg

I'm not a great uploader, and currently do not upload anything until you solve most problems. Once solved, upload videos again to complete the three channels that I manage.

Last edited by conspirin (2010-12-29 02:53:01)

#14 2010-12-29 19:04:19

Brandonsdabest14

Reptilian Overlord & Conspirin -

So according to you guys it's okay for/to:

(a) those who run this site to ignore the uploaders questions

(b) MISTREAT the uploaders as if they are worthless

(c) offer piss-poor service and disappear for over a month
      simply because the site is "free"

Well my time isn't "free" and many of us PAY to use sites like
Megaupload so we can have unlimited uploads using the URL
uploader here on StageVu which is what the URL uploader is for.
That cost money and is not free and with all the downtime & errors
here it only amounts to money wasted and that is TOTALLY the fault
of StageVu.

My radio program is free to as is the archive where you can download past shows.

If I ran my radio program the way this place is run or if I held the same beliefs that
you two do that it's fine and dandy to offer horrible service and act unprofessional
as this place does, then I wouldn't have a successful radio show that is going into it's
17th year.

You two (and others like you) just keep opening your mouth WIDE, plant your lips firmly
against the asscheeks of those who run StageVu, and keep sucking as hard as you can.

Feel free to reply as you wish as I will not be returning to read it anyway as I have just
finished deleting the 400+ videos I had here & uploaded them on a more reputable/professional
site.

#15 2010-12-30 09:31:30

Reptilian Overlord

He gave a troll and run response. Why am I not surprised.

My response is still the same to him and others like him: Leave. Seriously. Just go. Stop whining and jump ship. Really. All this whining and threatening to leave does is make you look juvenile and attention seeking. I honestly do NOT understand why anyone would hang around a place they claim they detest so much except they want something from it. From personal experience with sites like these, this has almost always been one thing: Attention. You want to get noticed.

"I host an internet and ham radio station and I'll tell everyone your site sucks!" --Threatening in hopes of getting some attention from admins and maybe a few new fair-weather fans.

Look, you lost some vids and I feel for you. I lost 11 due to issues these past weeks as well. You forget, if they weren't removed for copyright issues then likely they just got dumped by computer error. I'm sure mine were lost in the glitches because they were part of a series and always a series is removed in total, not piecemeal. Am I bitching and whining? No. I'll just reupload when I have time. If anyone wants to see them now, they have to be patient or look elsewhere.

AS far as "ass kissing" the site. Yes, ANYONE who disagrees with you MUST WANT staff recognition. Listen, I'm not the one coming in like you did, threatening, whining and seeking agreement from the site's usuals and you hoped, staff. You did. Nor was I the one bragging about being a "radio show host" (Twice!) which I suppose should show you as SOMEONE special? Really, You're comparing two completely different things. You're also trying to use that fact as a weapon. "I got's lots of fans, I'll hurt your site, you'll see!" How utterly childish.

I WANT NOTHING but the ability to upload without artifacts and so far, this site does that and I DO upload to other sites, unlike most here. I like to spread my stuff around to make sure others interested get to view the obscure and the forgotten. So, I know the problems they have too which is the MAIN reason why I'm annoyed with the incessant threats. If you every shopped around you'd know if you upload pirated material, it's going to get cut eventually. No site admin wants jail time and lawsuits so you can keep your stolen stuff up & running. They save face and delete. You'll also find out computer crashes happen at them as well. I've lost tons of time and uploads at various places. It's the nature of the beast. I'm a very patient man.

As for paying to use third-party uploaders? Again, that's on you. It's not a requirement to use this site. I rarely need to use it, myself and many here don't use them either. Sure, they're handy but it's only a requirement if you think it is.

What I find most distressing is that, if you're being honest, you've hosted a radio show for 17 years which would put you at least in your late 30's - early 40's yet you speak and act here like someone with the mentality of a spoiled teenager. Maybe you're used to sites catering to the vocal loudmouths, I don't know, but Stagevu has always been rather silent so why you expect a sudden change puzzles me.

Another thing that puzzles me is this:

I will not be returning to read it anyway as I have just
finished deleting the 400+ videos I had here & uploaded them on a more reputable/professional
site.

So you are going to take down everything you JUST complained about putting soooo much time and apparently, money, into? The point being what, again? Oh yes, I know, you'd like to hit back with "I don't want stagevu making money off my stuff!". You had no problem before? That's a piss-thin argument you use to justify robbing others of their chance to enjoy what you took down. Add to it, (if you actually cared about them in the first place) it's always best to leave copies for fans to enjoy. If I abandon a site, I leave everything up with a notice that I no longer am active so don't expect anymore uploads or reuploads that get removed, but I leave the stuff there for those behind to still watch. To take it down, especially after all those attacks based on removals, etc., well it shows one simple reason: YOU WANT ATTENTION!  Dammit, one way or another you'll get it!

"Hey, want to watch my stuff? follow me here! You must follow me to watch!! Screw you fans who don't like _____ service!" 

After all, it was never about helping people enjoy and watch something they otherwise might not see.. it's about all the recognition and attention you can garner. I suspect it's why you became a radio show host since you tout it sooo much. Another fair-weather uploader lost. Woe are we. The only people I feel bad for are those who would have watched your vids but now can't because you took your toys and ran away.

Again, this isn't directed at those who are here to discuss site issues or report site problems. If you come acting like an adult, you get respect. Come bashing, whining, threatening, expect to get treated like a bawling child.

Last edited by Reptilian Overlord (2010-12-30 09:53:18)

#16 2010-12-30 10:29:32

Catastrov

"You earn respect and you deserve absolutely none". i've never uploaded a movie. dont have movies to upload. I just watch em. But i respect the uploaders. They've EARNED it by taking the time to upload. And if they take many hours of their time to upload, i think they've the right to be pissed off about it if with no reason or comment they are removed. Whats the point of havin a submit a video link and delete the submitted video. 

But i think this problem s gonna solve itself. If uploaders disappear one by one, the rest will follow. Hope not, cause i enjoy the uploads.

Didnt know about Veehd and Veoh. Thanks. Gonna check em out. Any other cool movies sites?

I don't need sex, the government already fucks me every day.

#17 2010-12-30 10:54:03

override_x

Reptilian Overlord wrote:

He gave a troll and run response. Why am I not surprised.

No surprise here! Afterall he isn't the first nor will he be the last one to leave SV. What's surprizing is that since FromDaBush left the video count remainded almost unchanged no massive video removel like before, how comes ? And there are the other uploaders that had in the last few weeks tens and hundreds of videos removed or "lost" due to errors and site problems...

I WANT NOTHING but the ability to upload without artifacts and so far, this site does that and I DO upload to other sites, unlike most here. I like to spread my stuff around to make sure others interested get to view the obscure and the forgotten. So, I know the problems they have too which is the MAIN reason why I'm annoyed with the incessant threats. If you every shopped around you'd know if you upload pirated material, it's going to get cut eventually. No site admin wants jail time and lawsuits so you can keep your stolen stuff up & running. They save face and delete. You'll also find out computer crashes happen at them as well. I've lost tons of time and uploads at various places. It's the nature of the beast. I'm a very patient man.

Ok let's see : you claim that you "...DO upload to other sites, unlike most here..."
well I can tell you you are not the only one and most of the uploaders here (mainly the 2-300 + vids )are also uploading to other sites. DO tell me I am wrong!

Also about the statements "..If you every shopped around you'd know if you upload pirated material, it's going to get cut eventually. No site admin wants jail time and lawsuits so you can keep your stolen stuff up & running. They save face and delete. You'll also find out computer crashes happen at them as well. I've lost tons of time and uploads at various places. It's the nature of the beast. I'm a very patient man. .." "upload pirated material" hell yeah!!! 99,9% of all the videos uploaded here are CR and pirated; it's nothing new and we all know that , i know it, you know it and the admins know it.. everyone knows it! And we also agree and know that when requested the videos get removed but still that's not the real problem, is it? The problem is that not all of the videos that get removed are requested by the legal party and there have been much discusions about it - READ the forum!!! Also where is the communication with the admins ...? The lack of that communication is one of the biggest problems that SV has, because we understand that hardware/software problems are bound to happen , it's inevitable as you say : "You'll also find out computer crashes happen at them as well. I've lost tons of time and uploads at various places. It's the nature of the beast. I'm a very patient man." We also have patience and understanding as long as we know what's going on and that someone is working on and trying to solve the problem(s) still here at SV ... NADA no comment from the admins and that's just wrong! The admins at the other sites respond and also give updates on the situations see for example the post about veehd in the forum here read it and compare with the situation here and now.

Another thing that puzzles me is this:

Brandonsdabest14 wrote:

site.

It's a pitty that Brandonsdabest14 didn't say to which site he moved.. oh well we'll miss you!

Again, this isn't directed at those who are here to discuss site issues or report site problems. If you come acting like an adult, you get respect. Come bashing, whining, threatening, expect to get treated like a bawling child.

YES we " ..are here to discuss site issues or report site problems." but where are  the admins I ask again because we the users can discuss and report site and server problems all year long but we can't do $h!t about it only the admins can and they have gonne to never never land .... it's been about a month if not more since we last got a reply to any of the questions and problems that are still growing in numbers ... am i wrong or am i right!?!?

So Reptilian Overlord do us a favor and go fetch or find an admin who can skeak for himself ... otherwise shut up and go watch something that's not pirated  or illegal if you can find it here that is...

#18 2010-12-30 18:29:39

Cartoon_Palace

Reptilian Overlord

From what I can tell, you joined this forum three weeks ago and don't
even have a channel and have contributed nothing in the manner of
uploading & sharing videos. In one of your post you stated that you are
new at this & don't really know much about it.

Seems to me you have a lot of opinions about something you know little or
nothing about. You mouth off about the people who upload here while enjoying
their videos at the same time.

You have the gall to say Brandonsdabest14 doesn't deserve respect while he has
contributed to this site and all you have done is to shoot off your mouth while
contributing nothing.

YOU are the one who deserves no respect, fella.
And YOU are the troll.

Fact is, you have no business voicing an opinion when you ADMIT to knowing little or nothing about this stuff and your opinion means nothing when you don't even contribute
to the site.

It's easy for big mouths such as yourself to tell uploaders they have no right to complain
when YOU aren't the one suffering due to an inadequate site.  Seems like you're casting
a vote in a club you aren't even a member of.

The people you are mouthing off to are the ones who keep sites like this alive and
provide videos for people like you to enjoy.

In the words of one of the posters above...Shut up, and quit butting into something you
know absolutely nothing about.

#19 2010-12-30 18:52:35

Werewolf

override_x wrote:

Ok let's see : you claim that you "...DO upload to other sites, unlike most here..."
well I can tell you you are not the only one and most of the uploaders here (mainly the 2-300 + vids )are also uploading to other sites. DO tell me I am wrong!

He probably got the idea from all the bitching and moaning of users in forum, sounding as if the only cure to the itch in their scrotum is... uploading to Stagevu.

override_x wrote:

NADA no comment from the admins and that's just wrong! The admins at the other sites respond and also give updates on the situations see for example the post about veehd in the forum here read it and compare with the situation here and now.

Come on don't expect all sites to have similar admin involvement and response. I admit in Stagevu it's far from the "satisfactory deadline" of most users (who then start ranting and trolling and ranting). Can't bare it? MOVE ON. When a site receives traffic of such kind (and that too most streaming a 1 hr 30 min DIVX video) without the funding of an empire like Google, admins are bound to submerged and return once resources and solutions are available. Now this requires the earlier stated patience.

Brandonsdabest14 wrote:

site.

"reputable/professional site" to upload pirated movies. Yeah right. Where's this guy from? The word should be stable (But, we'll see how long it lasts).

override_x wrote:

YES we " ..are here to discuss site issues or report site problems." but where are  the admins I ask again because we the users can discuss and report site and server problems all year long but we can't do $h!t about it only the admins can and they have gonne to never never land .... it's been about a month if not more since we last got a reply to any of the questions and problems that are still growing in numbers ... am i wrong or am i right!?!?

Partly right. But, do you even know if they are fighting a lawsuit? It was first stated that Stagevu was only started as a side projects; maybe it still is. The creators and admins have other primary stuff to handle. They wanna shut down the site, then they do it. Guess you have never been to those deep dark underground scene sites (Not saying Stagevu is entirely similar). Most stuff works out the way the admin wishes. They take sites offline without notice and you pray sweet prayers that they are come back.

#20 2010-12-31 10:46:08

Reptilian Overlord

override_x wrote:

well I can tell you are not the only one and most of the uploaders here (mainly the 2-300 + vids )are also uploading to other sites. DO tell me I am wrong!

I can't because I don't know for a fact, so I digress on that. I'm going off previous experience from other sites which may or may not be applicable here. I can admit probable error. Still, from my experience, it's usually people who are still rather new to uploading who have the shortest tempers. They often don't realize it can be quite frustrating, especially when dealing with pirate stuff. Even legal uploads can get axed accidentally or not as we both touched on. I remember uploading with dial-up (talk about a patience builder) and so a few site glitches and losses I guess just don't burn me like they used to do. Yes, yes, a month of issues isn't considered a "few" by many but having been to sites where they lost everything of mine and had to start from scratch, I consider this recent spate pretty mild. Others obviously, do not.

I know some here can't believe it, but I DO sympathize, greatly, with everyone's plight. I'm having the same exact issues here too. I'm not saying we can't complain and hope they listen. I'm just as frustrated at times. This is why I don't put all my eggs in one basket. I spread myself around. If one site's down, having server troubles and/or was seized by the feds, I simply shift focus till the problems are fixed (if they get fixed.)

override_x wrote:

The problem is that not all of the videos that get removed are requested by the legal party and there have been much discusions about it - READ the forum!!! Also where is the communication with the admins ...? The lack of that communication is one of the biggest problems

I do read the forums when I have time. I also touched on this in my previous posts. It'd be damn helpful if the admins would notify us and give feedback. Hell, miraculous at this stage. Still, they've never been very talkative before so why do we expect them to be now? Besides, I'm not against legitimate complaints, everybody has them. I already added my voice to the complaints but what annoys me is the vitriol filled rants, the "stagevu sucks, whose with me!!??" which I'm sure will make the admins work all the much harder and the "I'm leaving, screw you all and gonna bad mouth you" posts that always pop up. Leave then and stop with the threats.

Had anyone come in and simply stated, "I'm retiring from the site. The issues are too much for me to handle. I'm out everyone!" That's leaving with class and dignity and would get the message across to the admins and I'd have a ton more respect for them. Rather some must come in in a flying rage starting off in an insult laden, threatening bashfest and or returning to troll which is simply childish and petty and again, deserving of no respect.

override_x wrote:

do us a favor and go fetch or find an admin who can skeak for himself"

I have no magical admin whistle and nor do I speak for them. I stated that earlier. In fact, I'm pretty sure the admins would rather I be quiet. This is my choice and I speak out of annoyance at the pettiness encapsulated here in this thread that also runs on in others on these boards. To be honest, I'd much rather continue to upload in silent anonymity, like you'd prefer, but what's done is done.

wrote:

otherwise shut up and go watch something that's not pirated  or illegal if you can find it here that is..."

No, sorry you feel that way but not happening. I have stuff invested here as anyone else and my stuff's pirated so have no idea why you think I'm against pirated material.

Cartoon_Palace

First, lets touch on this :

Cartoon_Palace wrote:

From what I can tell, you joined this forum three weeks ago and don't
even have a channel and have contributed nothing in the manner of
uploading & sharing videos.

And you come by this how? You're basing my uploads and experience on my forum name and number of posts? By that logic you are brand new to this site and contributed nothing since it's showing this is your first post. I never go on forums much in any of these upload sites anymore as I mentioned in my previous posts in this thread specifically but I broke my rule because I'm tired of attention seekers who swear they are something special. As for no link back to my films: I never advertise on forums (or anywher for that matter) or use my upload name in them for three reasons:

1. I'm not in it for fan counts. Been that way for a very long time. The people who want to watch my stuff know where and how to find it. I hate attention. I prefer working behind the scenes, not out showboating my wares.

2. You think only we read these boards? Industry types hit them too looking for pirated crap. Yes lets link them back to my stuff. Sure, they'll find it anyway but dammit, too many times I made it easier for them. 

3. One thing I've learned is how petty and vengeful people can be. Uploaders are not immune. If I gave out my account my movies would be hit with false reports (as has been mentioned elsewhere) and down votes, possibly even wannabe scripters looking to delete my stuff just because people are vindictive. Not saying you but some here would. The voting system was meant to be used as a way of showing vid quality and I try to find the best versions I can so it's an issue of pride to see them marked as bad when most are top notch. I'm certain many here feel the same.

Cartoon_Palace wrote:

In one of your post you stated that you are
new at this & don't really know much about it.

No where in my previous posts does it say I don't know much about uploading. I've uploaded for nearly 7 years and ran torrents even longer. My comment was in regards to not being familiar with servers and DOS and DDOS attacks. I'm not a script kiddy or a programmer. I have only marginal knowledge of such things. I'm a guy with a passion for sharing not coding.

Cartoon_Palace wrote:

And YOU are the troll.

Incorrect. The wikki definition is "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response." I.e. "I'm leaving SV screw you guys, I'm going to bad mouth your site.." etc, etc..Or.. "yeah, site sucks.. I go here now" which brings back, why return but to troll?

While my posts are sometimes blunt they are in response to previous posts in this thread and don't take the topic off the mark as they revolve around site issues and the classless behavior and off-color, unnecessary bashing that sprout up.

Cartoon_Palace wrote:

all you have done is to shoot off your mouth while
contributing nothing.

You have absolutely no idea what I've contributed but seeing as I stated I lost 11 vids that at least shows I have; looking up your forum name in the search brings nada so what am I to think? I actually have a sizable number and I won't lie and say I have 500-600 vids but I am contributing at least weekly (I have a life and other sites to maintain as well) so if all goes well the numbers will continue to rise. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter. I never entered this to win adoration or make friends and fans. Just know that I've uploaded and will continue to contribute whether you know it's me putting up the films you enjoy, or not.  smile

Cartoon_Palace wrote:

The people you are mouthing off to are the ones who keep sites like this alive and
provide videos for people like you to enjoy.

As am I and other uploaders who tire of seeing the same BS spouted. Still, we are replaceable. I'm not sure why you feel otherwise.  If I leave others will replace me. Same as any uploader here. You're defending a mouthy minority. There are dozens if not hundreds of uploaders on this site who work in silence. More than a few who would be happy to take on the viewers from those that left. Add to it, even if every pirate and legit uploader left, stagevu would still pull revenue from people who get tricked those bastard spammers and many of the those will just start uploading their stuff so others who get tricked can see the real deal and a community forms, again.

Cartoon_Palace wrote:

Shut up, and quit butting into something you
know absolutely nothing about.

Spoken by someone who probably should use it on themselves.

Board footer