stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2011-03-04 04:09:31

esCo456

FINALLY - MESSAGE FROM SV ADMIN ABOUT STAGE VU!!!

I got a response from them about the site... Not sure why they don't post in here but I assume they have their reasons - if you're smart enough you can read between the lines...

We are currently facing some uncertainty concerning Stagevu's future, due to a number of factors beyond our control. As a result, we are holding off on making major improvements/re-enabling uploads until we get these uncertainties out of the way. We hope that everything will be back to normal within the next while, but can't make any guarantees.

This site isn't Kosher folks and has reached it's end... It sucks. I liked this site a lot. But this is what I expected. These sites never last... Surprised this has been going strong for 3 years or so...

So with all the speculation, here's the answer...

There's a legal injunction against the site. That's why uploads were disabled and why all the "new" content was removed... The people behind the site are figuring out what to do... It's an unwinnable battle...

I suspect the admin was told to avoid making statements (statements can be used against them get it?) so that's that. If Stage Vu comes back it'll never be the same site... It'll probably be a movie discussion site with trailers at best and gone at worst...

But it served everyone well for years and that's how these things go... Uploaders have and will find other sites. Members that took the site for granted and didn't bother getting involved might be out of luck. There's other sites... Just gonna have to find them yourselves.

So that's that...

Figured I'd pass on the message so people like the uploaders aren't still wondering what's going on...

I'm surprised the site is still up, could be down anytime now... Who knows...

"Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see"... - Assata Shakur

#2 2011-03-04 11:38:06

CatsLairArchives
Website

Re: FINALLY - MESSAGE FROM SV ADMIN ABOUT STAGE VU!!!

I say just abandon this site (stagevu) and be done with it.

I have already switched back to using veoh.com, since neither stagevu or veehd allow uploads.

since neither veehd or stagevu are allowing uploads, I suggest everyone switch over to veoh.com

#3 2011-03-04 13:26:25

CatsLairArchives
Website

You claim that veoh "sucks", yet at least THEY still allow uploads - unlike stagevu and veehd!
So, Kyliie, how many things have YOU uploaded - or are you one of those jerks that constantly posts that others should upload things for you while you do nothing to contribute?

since neither veehd or stagevu are allowing uploads, I suggest everyone switch over to veoh.com

#4 2011-03-04 14:38:04

liseam
Website

Were there messages removed? lol

#5 2011-03-04 20:08:05

CatsLairArchives
Website

esCo456 wrote:

CatsLairArchives wrote:

You claim that veoh "sucks", yet at least THEY still allow uploads - unlike stagevu and veehd!
So, Kyliie, how many things have YOU uploaded - or are you one of those jerks that constantly posts that others should upload things for you while you do nothing to contribute?

All she did was give her opinion of another website. Then you attack her personally calling her a jerk that constantly posts that others should upload things for you while you do nothing to contribute?

That's pretty funny, Kyllie2010 was one of the biggest uploaders on the site and had all her stuff deleted last month and more recently, she had 800+ if I remember right. And on other sites contributes a lot too.

So ironically I guess you don't know Kyllie2010 but if you did, lots of people here do, 400 friends, would know she doesn't just contribute but is one of the better uploaders on the entire site LoL!

In a way part of this site already died when people lost all civility. You can't even give an opinion about a website without some random person jumping in and attacking you personally. And the person you're attacking while it would be wrong to attack anyone, is a well known person on the site and contributes a lot!

First off, if that is indeed the case, then my apologies Kyliie.
It still brings up the question though, if stagevu removed all the videos, and they have disabled uploading probably for good, WHY bother to continue using stagevu?

As I have said, I have not had a problem yet with veoh - and right now veoh seems to be the ONLY place (that I know of) that you can still upload videos, whereas both stagevu and veehd do not.

#6 2011-03-05 06:00:21

the-hulk-007

am i the only sane person left on stagevu...??? why are use always fighting like cat's and dog's stagevu is going down the shitter and use just keep fighting this is why i don't post on the forum..unlike use im worrying about the sites future. iv'e been uploading here a long time now. and iv'e had a staggering 3 vids removed and im worrying about my new vid that i have left.in a way i blame myself for this i just did not have the time to mannage my much loved channel SUGAR ~MOVIES anymore..and stagevu lost lot's of views..so two keep a long story short can you guy's try and be a bit more mature about thing's..and keep the forum free incase the admins are trying to send me an update..about the site.

#7 2011-03-05 07:56:50

El Phoenix

I think that SVU is still a very good site for a ton of older stuff (movies and shows). Aside from the issue of new movies and last seasons of show , one can still find loads of good movies and previous seasons of show here. The quality of vids are good, download speed is OK, and most important: there aren't a shit-load of ads poping up. Also the structure of the site is very good and social networking aspect of it is a plus:
that people can communicate (mind you communicate, not fight!!!!!) , make friends , some are so kind that do request of others, some don't and it's Ok. So all said, I hope that they solve the issues and the site comes back up again.
At last I want to add that if there is someone who is really pissed at SVU and reads this and wishes me dead, I wanna ask him / her to PLEASE repress the rage and don't lash out at me. This was just a good wish for SVU and its "recovery" , so to say!!!
Cheers ;-)

#8 2011-03-05 09:12:43

blueskyy

El Phoenix wrote:

I think that SVU is still a very good site for a ton of older stuff (movies and shows). Aside from the issue of new movies and last seasons of show , one can still find loads of good movies and previous seasons of show here. The quality of vids are good, download speed is OK, and most important: there aren't a shit-load of ads poping up. Also the structure of the site is very good and social networking aspect of it is a plus:
that people can communicate (mind you communicate, not fight!!!!!) , make friends , some are so kind that do request of others, some don't and it's Ok. So all said, I hope that they solve the issues and the site comes back up again.
At last I want to add that if there is someone who is really pissed at SVU and reads this and wishes me dead, I wanna ask him / her to PLEASE repress the rage and don't lash out at me. This was just a good wish for SVU and its "recovery" , so to say!!!
Cheers ;-)

That was my sentiment exactly. But the speed was more then okay. It was second only to Facebook, which is lightning fast. And yes, no popups, no nonsense... That's why it has been so popular, and why some people are upset to see it go. Some take it harder than the rest, some even showing withdrawal symptoms, like lashing out at people, grumbling non stop, and blowing thing out of proportion. It's because of these people (that Seattle guy included) that I don't bother with the forum. They don't understand what "Error Reports" mean, and totally make this their venting machines.

#9 2011-03-05 10:18:35

liseam
Website

My best also goes out to the owners of StageVU during these troubled times. 

Before being introduced to StageVu, I was unaware sites like this existed whereby videos from all genres, present and classic, could be "safely" watched and/or downloaded 24/7.  Safety, content and a friendly community made this a site whereby I not only enjoyed hours of entertainment, and continue to do so, but also saved $$ which is extremely important during these difficult financial times.  I love watching videos, however cable, Netflix and Blockbuster memberships were luxuries my household could no longer afford to the extent it once did.  Needless to say StageVu was is a welcomed find.

I have not ever nor do I know how to upload videos.  I make no apologies for this, so attack if you must.  However, as I have wished the owners of Stagevu my best, I do the same and thank those patient, unselfish and in most cases gifted women and men whose years and hours of contributions made StageVu a site which have attracted millions of viewers like myself. 

Even with all its difficulties and my other memberships, I continue to view StageVu as home and look forward to doing so if this is what the future holds.  If not, I hope to meet many of you eslewere. 

Continued blessings.

#10 2011-03-06 03:45:17

esCo456

blueskyy wrote:

t's because of these people (that Seattle guy included) that I don't bother with the forum. They don't understand what "Error Reports" mean, and totally make this their venting machines.

Pretty much... LoL... It's a shame that there's literally a few people here that can't be civil with anyone. A lot of people especially UPLOADERS don't bother with the forum for that reason. That's why you rarely see them post here - because they have videos which the other person can then screw with.

Like you said "these people" (that Seattle guy included) - it's a shame that people have nothing better to do than rant and attack people for seemingly anything they say, much less if it runs counter to their position. It's like high school here LoL... The funny part is these trolls that seem to pop up in every post, do a search for SeattleOddBalls Posts, everyone is a rant or attack. All bad karma... I ignore these people as everyone can see, I just passed on the email that was sent not just to me but others, and figured I'd post it on the forum so everyone knew what was up. Didn't expect a thanks but certainly expected the inevitable attack from this one person LoL and they never fail to appear and make a post I could have written myself because I knew exactly the nonsense it would say...

#11 2011-03-06 03:53:51

esCo456

And people can have whatever opinion they want. I've never attacked anyone here except when I was attacked.

That's the message they sent. It's pretty clear to me. People can interpret however they want and if they disagree feel free to say so, I certainly don't attack people for disagreeing or giving opinions...

If I didn't post the message then people would still be asking what's going on (they still are in other threads LoL!)

Why won't the admin post in the forums? I don't know... Like I said I suspect they were told not to. It would be nice if they posted but why do they need to? Everyone knows something was wrong and they sent some emails to people that were carefully worded... So take it how you want. Most people have been through this before and are moving on. The admin can't really do anything... They got other problems to deal with. So their message was posted on the forum by someone and I'm sure they moved on to more important issues to deal with...

#12 2011-03-06 23:04:25

CatsLairArchives
Website

SeattleIsFullOpodPeople wrote:

esCo456 wrote:

And people can have whatever opinion they want. I've never attacked anyone here except when I was attacked.

That's the message they sent. It's pretty clear to me. People can interpret however they want and if they disagree feel free to say so, I certainly don't attack people for disagreeing or giving opinions...

If I didn't post the message then people would still be asking what's going on (they still are in other threads LoL!)

Why won't the admin post in the forums? I don't know... Like I said I suspect they were told not to. It would be nice if they posted but why do they need to? Everyone knows something was wrong and they sent some emails to people that were carefully worded... So take it how you want. Most people have been through this before and are moving on. The admin can't really do anything... They got other problems to deal with. So their message was posted on the forum by someone and I'm sure they moved on to more important issues to deal with...

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 … 384370.jpg

You "suspect" a great deal, but seem to actually know nothing at all. You also seem to be completely forgetful of what you initially told everyone of why the uploading was disabled. Do you remember, or is your compulsion for lying so out of control, that the truth is in no way accessible to you?

........GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUaZ89rWWPI

#13 2011-03-07 00:31:37

Searos

Animaniacs was quite an annoying show >.>

It's quite simple your both jackasses =P  esco for spouting a bunch of bs in the original post and seattle for insulting just give it up.  I can make quotes too without any evidence of such conversations too, doesn't make it true though.  If your gonna claim something provide proof, saying others got the supposed email too isn't proof.  Any company small or large would keep it's mouth shut about legal issues nor would they dissuade people from coming by saying what you posted.  Anyone with a shred of common sense wouldn't believe your post.

tldr: stfu and wait for a response from admin instead of spreading your made up shit and insulting each other.

Last edited by Searos (2011-03-07 00:32:19)

#14 2011-03-09 04:54:35

esCo456

And one more thing... SeattleIsFullOpodPeople tries to come across as someone from the so called "scene" that knows what he's talking about. The problem is, it's not really the case and he's just not a very nice person, that's how he presents himself at least... Every (frequently at least) thread about anything is often arrogant and condescending to people. At VHD in the forums there's mods unlike here where for 2 months the admin has been tide up and don't have time for the forum so people have been able to say whatever they want... At VHD his arrogant and rudely sarcastic posts haven't been received well by some of the people. I post there too. And know what? I ignore him and he'd never ever say the shit he's said here because he'd be pounced on... So he behaves himself there...

As for me, I got nothing to prove but I know plenty of people and have been around for plenty of years. I don't have anything but short videos of combat footage on my page here so I'm free to say whatever I want unlike a lot of people who don't post here because they don't wanna be targets and involved in this drama...

So to the new members - I'm not gonna tell you not to listen to him because you're naive, I'm not that arrogant to "feel compelled to point it out to those who might not be so savvy, or have the good sense not to pay any attention to him"... I'm gonna tell you this is a guy that isn't in the mix and doesn't talk shit at VHD like he does here... My advice to you is that this is the internet and full of bullshit and even more people full of shit. So take what anyone says with a grain of salt... Including me... In this case I provided actual info and "my opinion," and my opinions are often correct in my opinion... wink But people can decide whatever they want... I'm not a preacher and frankly just posting this info and following up has cost me a lot of time. And I wanna put this matter to rest.

Some advice for SeattleIsFullOpodPeople - your problem is that your posts often come off as very sarcastic, but in a rude manner, and condescending, I'm speaking in general terms. At VHD when people didn't like the way you were talking to them that's why. And same thing here. But here I guess since no one was around you thought you could say whatever you want and I admit I responded back but not to the level you took it to... And this started because of your rude and personal attacks. So my advice to you is do what you do at VHD and "try" and be civil, I think you'll be a lot happier in general and not so stressed out. I haven't attacked you here and will ignore you... I suppose here you can say whatever you want but you'll be well behaved at VHD cause they wouldn't tolerate your rants... It's obviously just not me, you rub people the wrong way. I don't think it's intentional at first... Like I said, it's due to the condescending and arrogant posts you make in general which should someone dare call you out on well at least here you go nuclear... Could you imagine posting the stuff you've said here at VHD? LoL... So you know better... Maybe you can just try and be a bit friendlier? Anyway, just a friendly word of advice, not an attack wink

That's that wink You're welcome for the free advice SeattleIsFullOpodPeople... I'm done, but I think if you take my advice you'll get along better with people which is a lot more fun than silly internet forum feuds smile

#15 2011-03-09 06:46:28

the-hulk-007

CatsLairArchives wrote:

I too have apparently come under attack, beginning with the mental midget who calls them-self "the-hulk-007".

After commenting in some of the topics, I find six comments on my userpage that clearly show that the person who made them is severely lacking both intelligence and any kind of normal life.

what are you talking about...you've come under attack from me your the one that said your going to get hitler to attack england..all's i said to you is that if you like veoh.com so much why don't you go there you tool...CatsLairArchives.........since neither veehd or stagevu are allowing uploads, I suggest everyone switch over to veoh.com...if veoh is so good what the hell are you doing here crying on stagevu.....and hello KEN from canada it's good to see you back..making a tool out of your self again..you just make things to easy....you wrote to Podman, you are an up-loader, not major, and like me, upload  just enough to pay back downloads, but what has put such a dido up your rear end over esCO? Come on, it isn't rebuttal any more, its obsession....you have some neck KEN...every post you write on stagevu is about [ME]..im starting to think you have a hard on for me...go back to veehd and stop starting trouble on stagevu...

Board footer