stagevu

Hide

Login

Don't remember me (shared computer)
Recover account/Reactivate

Hide

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The forums have been archived. No new posts are allowed. All past posts are stored here for your reference.

#1 2011-03-07 12:59:06

dienic

error 403

Hi there,
I know, there have been some ppl already with that problem, but I really dont get it fixed.
I dont only get the 403, I also have some other troubles. When I try to stream it first starts very good, buffering and everything, but as soon as I only turn up the volume, or just pause it or even just scroll the site everything just breaks down. I am using the mozilla firefox and never before I had such trouble.
Even the whole mozilla crashed down a few times.
It happens now with ANY movie. No matter  what. I live in Germany and I am watching only from the stagevu original site.
I did any update I could find, deinstalled the firefox, streaming only one movie at a time. I really dont know what else I can do.
Oh, and by the way, I am not really into computer stuff, so take it easy on me guys. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me. The problems started about 4 or 5 days ago. But till then, everything worked fine.

#2 2011-03-07 15:36:46

rparks80
Website

Re: error 403

If you upgraded your Divx web player you need to roll it back to version 1.5. If you do a forum search you will find a link for it here somewhere. The newer version works fine on my newer computer but does weird stuff like your describing on my older machine. If that isn't the problem, please post back with some computer specs.( like processor, windows version, firefox version, stuff like that) and a more detailed example of the problem your having.

If its not a Doberman, its just a dog.

#3 2011-03-08 10:14:35

dienic

Thank you so much for answering.
Iīll let you know soon how everything works, just wanted to let you know I am still here and working on it.

#4 2011-03-08 12:46:57

liseam
Website

Looking for Previous Installers for Divx Web Player?:
http://labs.divx.com/node/14970

After installing an older version of the web player, it will attempt to update.  DO NOT UPDATE.  To prevent the web player from updating, click on any StageVu movie, once it begins Connecting right click on the Divx web player and choose Properties.  In Properties change the update to ONCE A MONTH.

Last edited by liseam (2011-03-08 13:02:01)

#5 2011-03-08 15:26:17

dienic

Hi there,
@rparks: what exactly means roll back to version 1.5? I deinstalled mine, tried to install an older  version, but I automatically end up at the 8.0 version. Itīs so frustrating...
Anyway, I also tried what liseam said and klicked on the link, so far so good, installing was possible, I did what he was suggesting, but as soon as I tried to stream, it told me, the Video is not a DivX file.
What?????
Okay, here are my computer dates:
Time of this report: 3/8/2011, 20:53:55
       Machine name: FAMILIE-6090D1D
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
           Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       System Model: AWRDACPI
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.7GHz
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
          Page File: 366MB used, 2095MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15
Graphic Card is ATI Radeon X1600 X 1650 series

and when I installed the DivX player with the given link from liseam, I could only install the web player, not an unsual player anymorej
Whats next? Please help...
Oh and by the way, my husband has the exact same problem, his computer is a
AMD Atlon (tm) 64x2 Dual core processor 6000+ , MMX, 3Dnow (2CPU)
RAM 2046 Page File 293 MB used , 3645 available
NVidia G-Force 9800 GT 512 MB Display Memory
same browser, same DIVX player

#6 2011-03-08 16:40:35

rparks80
Website

Try this link here: http://labs.divx.com/node/14970 to install version 1.5. You have to uninstall the previous version first. Most of the time you can do this from "add/remove programs" in your control panel. Here is a step by step: http://support.divx.com/faq/view/suppor … s-software . Some people have had trouble uninstalling Divx. If this is the case for you, do a google search for "how to uninstall divx" and you will find several free programs that can do it. I can't recommend any because I haven't used any personally. Hope this helps.

#7 2011-03-08 16:46:42

rparks80
Website

I just realized I gave you the same link as Liseam. It is only the web player you want to change. The divx desktop player is separate from the web player. You can keep the latest version of the desktop player and only uninstall and roll back the web player.

#8 2011-03-08 17:56:52

liseam
Website

"The video is not a Divx file?  That is strange.smile  Try playing another video to ensure the problem is the Divx web player before following the instructions below.

I have installed the 1.5 web player and the most current Plus Player (desktop player).  May I suggest the following.  Please read everything before beginning:

As suggested by rparks80 uninstall everything. If this is a problem, I use Revo Uninstaller which is a very good program to have: 
http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstall … ag=mncol;1
Note:  It is always a good idea to reboot your computer after you uninstall a program.  Now follow the instructions I wrote above for the Web Player.

For Divx Plus Player (Desktop Player)
Install the Plus Player
http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/player
If this installer includes anything more than the plus player, untick everything except the Plus Player this is all you want from this updated installer. 

The Web Player is needed for when you click "Play" on a video.  The Plus Player (desktop player) is great for after you Download a video and wish to play it later.  The Plus Player not only keeps a list of your installed videos, it also allows you to queue several videos which it will play one after another in the order you select.

I hope these instructions are helpful.

Last edited by liseam (2011-03-08 18:09:05)

#9 2011-03-09 09:56:19

dienic

Hi there,
at the moment I have the newest version of DivX again.
The movies load and buffer and as long as I dont touch anything (click anything) it will finish. I am glad it does at least that.
I also realized, the problems accure more often when itīs late afternoon, evening my time.
Does that make any sense?
When the problems go on I will do what liseam said in the last post.
I also wanted to ask, how do I know if everything deinstalled correctly? After I deinstalled something I am also using a program called CCleaner just to make sure everyting is gone.
Thanks so much for your help so far.

#10 2011-03-09 14:08:06

Administrator
Administrator

If you got the error late yesterday, it may have been because we were transitioning our video filenames, and your link got broken. Please try again, and failing that once again, get DivX Web Player 1.5 again as instructed earlier in the thread by following the instructions in http://stagevu.com/help/divxplayer/9

#11 2011-03-09 18:38:29

liseam
Website

To answer your question about a clean uninstall.  I have Vista and I have noticed with most programs I uninstall, some remnants always remain.  Usually it is not anything to be concerned about but whenever I come across those remnants I just delete them.  Some may be found in C:/Programs and Files, or C:/Programs and Files/Common or C:/Program Data.  But they do not affect the reinstallation of a program.  CCleaner, besides removing left overs, temp. files, cookies, etc., also has an uninstaller in its Tool section which can be used to uninstall programs.

As with you, I have easier and faster downloads between the hours of 10 pm - 12 noon.  During after school hours and especially prime time, it is almost impossible to watch most videos and it takes at least an hour + to download one.  (My Broadband download speed is only 1-3 mb.  This also is an influential factor.)  However, as I stated an accelerator download manager such as Light Downloader usually shortens the time.

I think I have given you all the important information my limited experience contains.  If you need further information, just post your question and I or another member will attempt to be of assistance.

Happy viewing.

#12 2011-03-10 11:44:25

dienic

Thanks so much to all of you for your help. I really do most of what you guys suggest and I learn a lot.

Happing viewing to all of you too.

Board footer