Once a video is uploaded, it can have a variety of status messages:
- Awaiting encoding: This is the status your video gets immediately after uploading, meaning that it's waiting in a queue to be encoded. We re-encode all videos so that they're in a common format which can be played by the DiVX Web Player we use. At this point, you can delete your video if you change your mind.
- Moving before encoding: You might get this status or not, depending on how many videos are currently encoding. The video is simply being moved to another server for encoding.
- Encoding: Our servers have gotten to the video and are encoding it. You can't delete the video in the meantime.
- Moving: We're moving the videos to the video-serving servers. If the status stays on moving for longer than two hours, contact us.
- Error: Uh-oh, something went wrong during encoding. Make sure your file was a video file.
- Move error: A problem occurred in transferring the video between two servers. Contact us with your video's name.
- Awaiting publishing: You need to fill in the description and tags of your video, as well as choose a thumbnail, before we publish your video. Click "Edit" to change these.
- Published: Your video is now up! Go take a look. You can choose to change it at any time by chosing "Edit" again.