This document outlines exactly what you are permitted and not permitted to do as a user of Stagevu. Note that by visiting Stagevu, you are an user of Stagevu and these rules apply to you. Using this site simply means visiting it, or downloading it.
Your Privacy is Important
Stagevu respects the privacy and sensitivity of any information you may give us, and strives to protect this information for its intended uses. This document is meant to clearly outline how personal information given to us will be used.
Information Collected and Uses
Stagevu chiefly collects personal information during the registration process. During this process, the following information are mandatory:
- Username: This is your online identifier; it will be publicly viewable on your profile pages (sample) as well as on any tablature you submit. We recommend a fairly anonymous username.
- Password: Your password will be stored in an encrypted hash format in a secure database. Nobody will be able to view or decode your password (not even the site administrators!)
- Valid email address: The email address you provide us will only be used for account notifications, for example, when a video associated to your account is removed due to copyright concerns. It will also be used for password recovery. Your email will not be disclosed to anyone.
The following information is optional:
- Birth Date
- Profile picture
These pieces of optional information will only be displayed on your profile page (sample).
Stagevu also runs 3rd-party advertisements and statistics software. The information collected by these programs may include your IP address and various other non-personal information such as the city of your Internet Service Provider. In addition, your response to certain advertisements (e.g. by clicking on them) may cause the advertiser to profile you in a certain demographic, so as to provide ads more relevant to your needs. Rest assured that no personally-identifying information will be given to third-party ad servers. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
If you decide to to contact us, your email and name will remain confidential and be used solely for communicating with you regarding the subject of the contact.
Finally, any videos published by you are published with the clear intention for them to be publicly viewable.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your information will NOT be used for any purposes other than those outlined above. Information will not be sold or given willingly to a third party for any non-related purposes. Our web servers are securely hosted to prevent unauthorized access.
In short, your information is safe at Stagevu
Accessing and Changing Your Information
Your account information can be voluntarily modified at any time. To modify your account information:
- Log in: if you have forgotten the password, choose Forgot PW and enter your Username and Email.
- Select Edit account settings on the Actions drop-down menu.
- Modify any information you wish to change.
- Re-enter your password and submit.
Our Policy on Content Removal
Please note that Stagevu reserves the right to remove any video uploaded by any user without issuing any kinds of notices. Stagevu respects the rights of content distributors and replies promptly to any requests for the removal of copyrighted content.
If you have found an infringing video, please contact us directly using the our Contact Form.